Friday, October 23, 2015

Oh Hey, Friday - Lately

Messy Messy Fail - Truly nothing worse than having a dishwasher full of FILTHY dishes when you discover you have no more dishwashing detergent left.  Luckily after frantically digging in the cupboard below my sink I found a sample tablet that I had gotten at Sam's Club.  Not quite as clean as the usual BUT better than nothing.

Tidy Victory - I finished the UPKer's ghost costume last night at 11 PM.  I plan on publishing a tutorial on my quick diy children's ghost costume shortly.  Never thought I'd be making my own costumes for my kids, but I managed to put this one together.  Go me!





It's been about two weeks since I've posted on my blog here.  

That's okay though, I knew things were going to start getting nutty with my family, work, etc.

When I first started blogging I didn't realize how long a blog post could actually take to put together.  Many hours sometimes - typing, editing, taking pictures, more editing, layout.  

Not all posts have to be quite so complicated, though.  

Like this one, for example.

Sometimes it's just nice to chat, catch up.  Chat about what the heck is going on lately.

So let's chat!

<One> Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Mauvelous - Loving this color right now.  Sometimes it looks like a dusty purple, other times a grayish brown.  Perfect for fall!  I'll be putting my Halloween Jamberries on shortly so this color is perfect in the meantime.  And at a price point of $1.99 you can't beat it!



<Two> Natural Sponges - Nana Patti recently traveled to Tarpon Springs, Florida on a visit to see some relatives and brought me back these little treasurers.  Did you know Tarpon Springs was the sponge capital of the world?  I forgot how soft yet exfoliating these natural sponges are.  As you can see the sponge on the bottom has a wonderful homemade soap glued right to the bottom so that it lathers the sponge directly.  Now I just have to keep the little beasts from tearing them up in the bathtub. 



<Three> Lady Gaga - I have always been a fan of Lady Gaga.  But holy COW her performance in the new season of American Horror Story is quite amazing.  This season happens to be quite disturbing (I won't go into detail here you've got to watch it yourself) but she is quite the character.  I should have known she would be nothing else but fabulous.  Duh.  My favorite quote from the show right now is "Skinny jeans are out, fringe is in.  Ponchos are forever.  Make a note of it."  AMAZING!




<Four> New Movies - I feel like there are a TON of new movies coming out in the next couple of months that I MUST see.  I think we will definitely be taking the UPKer to see The Good Dinosaur after it comes out at Thanksgiving - he keeps asking me to show him the trailer on my laptop.  Others on my list include Starwars: The Force Awakens and The Suffragist.  Steve Jobs and Black Mass - these two movies have obviously already been released but I've got to see them, they just seem to be so extraordinary.  And I've got a thing for gangster movies.


<Five> New Light Fixture - For my birthday, part of my gift was a new fixture for our kitchen.  You remember from this post that I had previously purchased two which ended up being completely wrong, for several reasons.  Our old hanging pendant (wish I had gotten a picture!) was a likeness of what I refer to as the "Pizza Hut light".  Had to go.  But now with this handsome young fellow, it freshens up the space just a bit more and also adds a point of interest.  Going for the industrial/nautical/country look.  Sort of.  
It's called the Seaside 1 Light Pendant by Kichler.  This was my first purchase from Wayfair and I must say I am quite pleased.  




So what have YOU been up to lately?

Rockin' a new polish?

Redecorating?

Catching up on TV?








Linking up with.....